today’s conspiracy theory
One day before Earth Day, a Louisiana British Petroleum off shore oil rig mysteriously blew up. This of course was just weeks after Obama announced his plans to increase drilling. Now we are hearing Obama is sending a swat team to all oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Was it terrorism? ...
From the White House Rose Garden, Obama said today, “I do want to speak briefly to the American people about the recent BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Earlier today DHS Secretary Napolitano announced that this incident is of national significance and the Department of Interior has announced that they will be sending SWAT teams to the Gulf to inspect all platforms and rigs and I have ordered the secretaries of interior and Homeland Security as well as administrator Lisa Jackson of the Environmental Protection Agency to visit the site on Friday to ensure that BP and the entire US government is doing everything possible not just to respond to this incident but also to determine its cause.” [snip]
1) Gotta be those right-wing domestic terrorists the Obamunists keep goin’ on about. Right?
No? Okay, how about ...
2) It’s Middle-East oil interests trying to limit our production by discrediting off-shore drilling safety.
Mmmm, could be. More?
3) It was Hugo Chavez protecting his “territory” in an organized-crime sense.
Nnnn, he’s prob’ly not that crazy, but still. Okay, let’s try ...
4) Eco-terrorists pissed-off about Obama’s agreement to expand off-shore drilling, again to discredit it.
Ah, now that sounds almost plausible. A kind of destroy-the-village-to-save-it, suicide-vest kind’a thing.
Wait a dadblamed minute! I just thought of another possibility.
5) The Obamunists are sending the SWAT team as a red herring, a ruse. You know, a false operation as a cover for the reeeeal objective. Yep, you guessed it. The Obamunists announced support expanded off-shore drilling in order to preempt the “drill, baby drill” issue from clobbering the Democrats in the Nov 2010 mid-term elections. Of course, they never had any intention of allowing any such thing, so they ginned-up a crisis to discredit the expanded off-shore drilling notion by creating an eco disaster which would “Valdez” the entire Gulf oil field (only affects the American part, though, not the Chinese) and give the Feds an excuse to essentially nationalize oil operations in the Gulf ... for national-security purposes, you understand.
Actually, that may not be as crazy as it sounds.
It’s becoming more and more plausible, the more I think about it.
On the other hand, with these people in office ...
Claire beat me to it, of course.
Wellp, I reckon Option 5 is startin’ to look even more likely.
Obama just put the brakes on new offshore drilling.
*sigh* Dang! I hate bein’ right about this stuff.
razOr in comments